Coming Home Project is a non-profit organization devoted to providing expert consultation for community-based organizations that address collective and individual trauma. We also serve communities that promote social, economic, racial and environmental justice, helping participants, employees and leaders with custom-designed, culturally sensitive, integrative training that enhances wellbeing, builds self-care skills, counteracts compassion fatigue and burnout, and promotes collaboration, success, and sustainability.
With ten years experience providing leading-edge integrative trauma care, Coming Home Project has broad expertise in post-traumatic stress, wellness, and in cultivating and sustaining communities of healing, learning, and resistance.
Feedback from Program Participants
I would recommend this retreat to every OEF/OIF veteran or service member. This is the type of community building experience we need. This has changed my life!
-Participant of a Military & Veteran Family Retreat
I’d never had the chance to share with other combat vets since I left the Army shortly after I returned from deployment. Thank you for the opportunity to share my experiences in a safe and accepting environment.
-Participant of a Women’s Retreat
Talking with participants was important because I have felt alone and isolated over the last year; to see so many together that share the similar feelings and experiences was positive for me.
-Participant of a Service Provider Retreat
Waking Up From War: A Better Way Home For Veterans And Nations, by Joseph Bobrow, founding director of Coming Home, tells the stories of our veteran, families and care providers and documents our proven non-denominational model for creating optimal environments for healing and learning that transform war trauma.
Areas of Expertise
- Cumulative trauma, traumatic loss, complicated grief, including but not limited to war trauma and its impacts on veterans, service members, and their families, providers and caregivers.
- Mindfulness meditation for trauma, stress reduction, emotional wellbeing, and spiritual growth.
- The post-traumatic stress continuum; accompanying problems such as substance abuse, family conflict, suicide, moral and spiritual injuries.
- Integrative approaches to transforming trauma and enhancing wellness including: meditation, qigong, outdoor experience, expressive arts, small support group facilitation, and animal assisted therapies.
- Self-care for providers and caregivers impacted by trauma.
- Spiritually informed approaches and practices for healing trauma and restoring wellbeing.